Binghamton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Walking is such a common part of most people’s days that we hardly give it any notice. Many people walk, run or jog for exercise, and going on foot is often the easiest way to get from point A to B. Unfortunately, when pedestrians cross paths with careless drivers, a routine activity can instantly change into a life-changing tragedy.
The injuries suffered by pedestrians in traffic crashes are often among the most severe. Pedestrians who survive an accident often face a lengthy, painful and expensive recovery. Many will never fully recover and may be unable to work – all at a time when medical bills and other bills keep coming in.
If you were hit by a car, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries, your pain and suffering, your lost wages and other losses. At Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, we have the same goal as you: to seek the maximum recovery you deserve. Our experienced attorney and legal staff know what it takes to seek out all potential sources of coverage and build a strong case for full compensation.
Hard work, honesty, respect and experience are a few of the traits that define Scott C. Gottlieb and his law firm. In fact, Scott has been recognized with an AV® Preeminent™ 4.9 out of 5 rating, the highest rating possible for Martindale-Hubbell.
Are you ready to find out how Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, can help you after a pedestrian accident? We are ready to talk whenever you are. We can take your call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. The consultation and claim review are free. Contact us now online or by phone to find out how we can help you.
Why You Need Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, on Your Side
Selecting the right law firm to represent you is an important decision, especially if you have suffered serious injuries in a pedestrian accident. Here are some points to consider about Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney:
- We have decades of experience handling personal injury cases in Binghamton and across New York’s Southern Tier.
- Our track record of results includes recoveries for victims of pedestrian accidents, such as $1.8 Million (total sum from annuity & cash) for a pedestrian hit while unloading a van and $1.15 Million (total sum from annuity & cash) for a pedestrian hit by a bus. * Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Our staff consists of qualified legal professionals who are dedicated to putting clients first.
- We have access to respected experts, including medical experts, accident reconstructionists, investigators, photographers and financial consultants.
- We are readily available to discuss your case and answer your questions. We return calls by the end of the day – even on weekends.
- We treat clients like family and strive to make our firm a friendly and welcoming place for the people we represent.
How Drivers Cause Crashed That Hurt Pedestrians
It only takes one wrong move in the blink of an eye for a motorist to hit a pedestrian. There are a number of factors that may cause a driver to collide with someone on foot. Some examples include:
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs (including legal prescription and over-the-counter medications)
- Distracted driving (including texting or talking on a cell phone)
- Driver fatigue or inattention
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Failure to yield right-of-way to pedestrians
- Leaving parking spaces or driveways without looking for pedestrians
- Failure to obey traffic signals and signs
Injuries Frequently Suffered in Pedestrian Accidents
A person’s unprotected body is no match for a motor vehicle when a collision occurs. That’s why pedestrians often suffer very serious injuries in crashes. Pedestrian accidents may even prove fatal.
Some of the most severe and most common pedestrian injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (including paralysis)
- Broken bones, especially the leg, arm, pelvis or ribs
- Limb loss and traumatic amputation
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Neck and back injuries
- Sprained or torn ligaments
- Contusions, lacerations and abrasions
Seeking emergency medical treatment should be your top priority after a pedestrian injury. Even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt at first, you should still get a thorough medical examination as soon as possible. Many severe injuries do not show symptoms immediately, and the adrenaline rush after a crash may mask signs of an injury.
Pedestrian Accidents Caused by Hit-and-Run Drivers
Some motorists fail to stop at the scene after hitting someone who was walking or jogging. They may flee for many reasons – out of fear, because they were drunk, because they are wanted by the police, because they don’t want to take responsibility, for example. Many hit-and-run drivers are never located.
However, just because the driver is never found does not mean that you don’t have potential options for recovering compensation for your losses. In many instances, your auto insurance may provide coverage if you were hit by a car – even though you were not driving your car at the time. It may also cover your children and other members of your household in pedestrian accidents.
Also New York State residents are covered by the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC) for any hit and run uninsured accidents.
It’s important to work with a knowledgeable attorney even when dealing with “your” insurance company. Their goal is always to minimize the amount they pay out, even on personal injury protection (PIP) or uninsured motorist / underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims by pedestrians who were struck by hit-and-run drivers. At Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, we stand up for your interests – never the insurance company’s.
Injury Cases. That’s All We Do. Let Us Help with Your Pedestrian Accident Claim.
Are you frustrated and tired of dealing with the legal and financial problems that follow a pedestrian accident? At Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, we want you to concentrate on healing – and we’ll take care of everything else. Our firm has the experience and resources to handle of every aspect of your personal injury claim. We gladly go the extra mile to help our clients solve problems even if they aren’t directly related to the case.
Hard work, honesty, respect and experience are the keys to winning — and that is what you can expect from our personal injury attorney.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a pedestrian accident that was someone else’s fault, talk to us now to find out how we can help you. There is no charge for the claim review and advice about your legal options.
Call us or contact us online now for a FREE consultation about your legal rights. We can be contacted 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.