Personal Injury Lawyer in Delhi, New York
If you have sustained a personal injury because someone else did something careless in Delhi, N.Y., Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, wants to help. He concentrates his practice exclusively on standing up for the rights and interests of people who have suffered personal injuries in Delhi and surrounding areas of New York. The full-service law firm of Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, represents only injured accident victims – never insurance companies, corporations or other defendants.
Do you want to find out more about how Delhi personal injury attorney Scott C. Gottlieb can help you? We are ready to listen whenever you are ready to talk. Call us or contact us online now for a FREE claim review and advice about your legal rights and options.
Strong Legal Representation Aimed at Getting Results in Delhi
Delhi is located in Delaware County, New York, near where the Little Delaware River meets the West Branch Delaware River. State Route 10 connects Delhi to Stamford in the northeast and Walton in the southwest. Delhi is also served by State Route 28, which connects the town to Interstate 88 at Oneonta and Interstate 87 near Kingston.
The town of Delhi serves as the county seat for Delaware County and is home to more than 5,000 residents. The State University of New York at Delhi is located just off Main Street on the south side of town. Main Street is the scene of much commercial and governmental activity in Delhi. Other major thoroughfares include Andes Road, Kingston Street, Meredith Street and Court Street.
With over the 3,000 students at SUNY Delhi and thousands of local residents commuting to work and running errands in the area, car accidents are an unfortunately common event in Delhi. If you’ve been involved in a minor car accident in Delhi, New York’s no-fault insurance laws require you to make a claim with your own auto insurance company. However, if your injuries are considered “serious” under state law, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the driver who caused the crash.
Insurance companies know that Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney, is a tough client advocate who fights for maximum compensation for accident victims in Delhi and surrounding areas. He is very familiar with the court system in Delaware County. Working with a local lawyer who knows the community – and is known by the community – can make all the difference in a motor vehicle accident claim.
In addition to handling car accidents, motorcycle accidents and truck accidents, we also represent people who were injured in the Delhi area as a result of other types of negligence and wrongdoing, including defective products, medical malpractice, construction accidents and negligent property maintenance or security.
Over decades of legal practice, our law firm has earned a reputation for recovering sizeable verdicts and settlements for our clients. We are proud of the results we deliver by standing up for our clients’ rights. We are ready to help you, too. Although each case is unique, we are prepared to put our knowledge and experience to work on your behalf to give you the best shot at recovering maximum compensation for your injuries.
Hospitals Serving Delhi, New York
It is critical to seek immediate medical treatment after suffering an injury in a car crash, workplace accident or any other type of accident. Major medical providers in the Delhi area include:
460 Andes Road
UHS Primary Care – Walton
2 Titus Place
Walton, NY 13856
Margaretville, NY 12455
1 Norton Ave.
Oneonta, NY 13820
Experience in Courts Serving Delhi, New York
Not all lawyers are experienced with litigation, and some try their hardest never to set foot in a courtroom. That’s not the case at the law firm of Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney. Although we are often able to reach a fair settlement for our clients, we are always prepared to go to court if that is what it takes to get justice.
Some of the courts you may become familiar with during the course of your case include:
5 Elm Street
Delhi, NY 13753
Delaware County Courthouse
3 Court Street
Delhi, NY 13753
U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
15 Henry St.
Binghamton, NY 13901
What Should I Do If I Have Been in an Accident in Delhi?
- Call The Police. It is very important to stop at the scene and notify the police about the accident. You can reach the Delhi Village Police by calling 911 or (607)-746-2249 for dispatch. The police can prepare an accident report that includes important details about what happened in the accident. It also creates an official record of the event and can provide contact information for other drivers and witnesses.
- Seek Medical Treatment. Your health and safety should be your top priority. Even if you do not get treatment at the scene, it is still critical to seek medical treatment as soon as possible after the accident. Not only will a thorough examination ensure that you receive proper care, it will also document your injuries. Some injuries may not be apparent in the immediate aftermath of a crash. A full medical examination is extremely important to catch potentially life-threatening injuries that may go unnoticed until it is too late. Be certain to tell the doctor that you were in a crash.
- Do Not Admit Fault. Even though your first impulse may be to apologize for the accident, try to say as little as possible. Do not discuss the crash with anyone on the scene other than the police. When you give a statement, answer only what you are asked and do not speculate about who was at fault for the accident.
- Take Pictures. If you are able to, use your smartphone or a camera to photograph the accident scene. Be sure to get multiple pictures of the damaged vehicles, the site of the crash and any obvious injuries. If you can’t take pictures yourself, ask someone else to do it for you. Pictures of the scene could play a vital role in a car accident lawsuit.
- Get Contact Information. Be sure to college contact information from everyone involved in the crash and any eyewitnesses. Write down the names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance information of all the drivers. It may be easiest to use your smartphone to take pictures of driver’s licenses, insurance cards, registration cards and other documents. Notify your own insurance company about the accident as soon as possible.
Get Help from a Delhi Personal Injury Attorney Today
Scott Gottlieb has received an AV® Preeminent™ rating, which is the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell (4.9 out of 5) and a Superb rating on AVVO. Hard work, honesty, respect and experience are the keys to winning — and that’s what you can expect from Scott C. Gottlieb, Injury Law Attorney.
If you have been hurt in Delhi, N.Y., and the accident was someone else’s fault, find out get the legal help you need now. Call us or contact us online now for a FREE consultation about your legal rights.