AARP Safety Course Open to NY Seniors
Worried about an older relative’s ability to drive a car safely?
Sign them up for a New York AARP Driver Safety class.
Last year more than 100,000 New Yorkers took the six-hour course, which is available online or in person. It is open to drivers of any age but geared to those 50 and older.
The course covers topics such as scanning the road, staying alert and driving defensively. In New York, insurance companies offer a 10 percent discount to drivers who complete the program in person or online.
Other topics covered in the AARP Driver Safety class:
- Dealing with the changes in hearing, sight and reflexes that come with aging and understanding how to compensate behind the wheel
- Knowing when it is time to stop driving
- Assessing individual driving skills
- Learning how alcohol and prescription drugs affect driving ability
- Staying independent without a car
- Finding out where and how to get free transportation.
Call a Binghamton Auto Accident Lawyer Today
Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident? Call an experienced New York personal injury attorney for a free and confidential case evaluation. Call our 24-hour answering service at (607) 235-2754 or contact us through this online form.
- AARP http://www.aarp.org/home-family/getting-around/info-10-2012/making-new-york-driving-safer-ny.html
- To learn more or to sign up for a class: http://www.aarp.org/home-garden/transportation/driver_safety/